WeConnectWorks - Branch Manager/Sr. Business Advisor Aruba
Qredits is the only nationally operating microfinance organization in the Netherlands and provides business loans up to €250,000, mentoring services and tools/training for aspiring and existing entrepreneurs of small and medium size enterprises (SME’s). Founded in 2009, the organization has grown significantly to become one of the main alternative financiers in the Netherlands.
As of 2015 Qredits started operating in the Caribbean and now has offices in Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Martin. The office of Aruba was opened as of April 4th of 2017 and is currently servicing over 100 clients whom operate in a wide variety of industries. The Aruba office provides all lines of services, similarly to our offices in the Netherlands, which includes providing financing up to Afl. 100.000 to local entrepreneurs/businesses, managing a pool of coaches who are mentoring starting and existing entrepreneurs and rolling out our educational program (EigenBaas) to local schools.
he main responsibility of a Senior Business Advisor is expanding and managing a client portfolio of entrepreneurs (that fall within the microfinancing target group) through targeted marketing aimed at local businesses. Another important aspect is maintaining a good relationship with stakeholders such as banks, accountant offices, the Chamber of Commerce etc. and following up on leads coming from these intermediaries. The Senior Business Advisor is expected to be commercially driven by being actively on the look-out for opportunities and new contacts in this field. He/She specializes in the customer target group (entrepreneurs) and is expected to have a thorough knowledge of businesses financing. This is a prerequisite to be able to provide tailored advice to each individual customer.
In addition to the above the Senior Business Advisor is expected to have experience in assessing the quality and feasibility of business plans and entrepreneurial skills of the applicant. He/She is knowledgeable regarding the different credit and insurance products available in the market and can provide entrepreneurs with sound financial advice.
In conclusion, the Senior Business Advisor has the responsibility to support and reinforce entrepreneurship on the island of Aruba.
- Put together an annual market penetration plan with corresponding targets.
- Execute the market penetration plan with the help of available tools and discussing progress with supervisor.
- Write and present credit proposals with a sound analysis concerning the viability of the business plan and entrepreneurial qualities of the customer.
- Follow up on leads within the set timeframe.
- Responsible for portfolio management and follow up on signals received from within the organization about lagging / late interest and principal loan payments.
- Maintain contact with related organizations in the field such as local banks, local bookkeeping and accountant offices, and the Chamber of Commerce to generate leads and strengthen the position of the organization.
- Maintain good contact with the Qredits back-office to improve the quality of service and reduce processing time.
- Responsible for managing and further developing a pool of mentors consisting of motivated local entrepreneurs that are willing to mentor Qredits customers on a voluntary basis.
- Liaison between Qredits and local schools to help successfully introduce and execute the EigenBaas educational program which includes participating in its kick-off and pitch events.
- Quality and complete credit applications.
- Portfolio growth and management of portfolio quality.
- Recruiting mentors and matching them up with customers.
- Selling entrepreneurial tools.
- Function as microfinance ambassador.
- Sound risk management capabilities.
- Targeted marketing in assigned work field.
- Maintaining high quality of service while working efficiently.