BearingPoint Caribbean - UX Designer (Curaçao)
As a UX designer, you highly value the user-centric design of online portals that help improve the delivery of digital government services to citizens when they need them.
Technology transforms the way public services operate. At BearingPoint, we devote our time to using technology to make digital solutions better, faster, and easier. We lead the way in digital transformation and help empower governments to improve their efficiency. But we also want to enable citizens by developing online portals in which they can access digital government services when they need them. That is why we highly value user-centric design and development that help improve service delivery to citizens. Our focus lies on three fundamental areas of government: tax, social security, and permits & licensing.
We are offering the challenging position of UX/UI Designer
As a UX/UI Designer at BearingPoint Caribbean, you play an important role in understanding the client user and end users’ needs. With this in mind, you guide the design process. You value teamwork in which you can bounce ideas off of your colleagues, brainstorm, and co-create. You are curious, critical, questioning, open to taking initiative, and don’t take no for an answer easily. You are diligent in documenting and delivering your work.
- You are responsible for the UX & UI design of our applications based on user wants and needs.
- You support agile product development by researching, sketching, prototyping, and testing experiences for our software and applications.
- You work with designers and developers to ensure user-centric applications that adhere to UX principles and best practices.
Skill and requirements
- You have a degree in a design field (Interaction, UX/UI, Human-Computer Interaction, or related study).
- You have 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have an understanding of design principles, the User-centered design process, and UX and UI standards.
- You have previous experience or demonstrable affinity with user interface design.
- You have the ability to turn new ideas into concrete designs through wireframes, usability tests, prototypes, user research.
- You are proficient with standard diagramming and wireframing tools such as Axure, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- You have proficient experience in the user-centered design process and are able to translate findings into usable, effective, and efficient user experiences.
- You have experience in developing large-scale solutions and working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have affinity and a keen eye for visual design (highly valued plus).
- Good communication and presentation skills in Dutch are a requirement.
You are proactive and can work under time pressure. You are a strong analytical thinker and work in a structured manner. With your social and communication skills you are capable to articulate alternative approaches. You are sensitive to and understand the users’ needs and respond to them in a well-thought-out way. You are tenacious and enjoy being the conversation partner for your clients and colleagues for all things UX.
- Dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary package and pension scheme
- Relocation compensation