St. Maarten Laboratory Services - Medical Technologist Clinical Chemistry
St. Maarten Laboratory Services NV (SLS) is a young and rapidly growing organization within the health care sector in St. Maarten. SLS provides 24 hours services to inpatients and ER, outpatients, patients referred by General Practitioners, government and the private sector. Our mission is to provide quality and a reliable service to our clients. The need for the quality service is required both nationally and internationally. SLS strives to be the medical laboratory of St. Maarten and the region and accredited according to ISO 15189. The Environmental Department of SLS NV strives to be accredited according to ISO / IEC 17025.
The purpose of this position is to conduct laboratory tests using protocols and guidelines according to ISO15189.
- Pre-analysis: Collecting patient material
- Pre-analysis: Sample and reagents preparation
- Daily maintenance, analysis and results
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Performing analytical tasks of a special nature (complex determinations)
- Knowledge and experience at level of MLO (Middelbaar Laboratorium Onderwijs) complemented with several years of in-depth experience, or knowledge at the level of HLO (Hoger Laboratorium Onderwijs).
- Knowledge of various analysis techniques and hygiene and safety requirements is required as well as knowledge of work processes, quality systems and advanced equipment.
- Preferably minimum three years’ experience in a laboratory environment (not a must)
- Knowledge of and experience with laboratory quality systems ISO 15189
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory (automated) information systems
- Good command of the English and Dutch language