St. Maarten Laboratory Services - Medical Microbiology Technologist
St. Maarten Laboratory Services NV (SLS) is a young and rapidly growing organization within the health care sector in St. Maarten. SLS provides services to in-patients, outpatients, patients referred by General Practitioners and specialists, other laboratories, government and the private sector. Our mission is to provide quality and a reliable service to our clients.
The purpose of this position is to conduct laboratory tests using protocols and guidelines according to ISO15189. In addition, the Medical Technologist works alongside the Medical Microbiologist to modify or develop new methods, techniques or conduct investigation.
- Carries out routine and complex analyses on patient materials
- Participates in the selection of analytical methods and validation of new tests/equipment
- Develops, maintains and verifies procedures/protocols
- Maintaining and repairing equipment
- May aid in the preparation of culture media
- Supervision of the Microbiology department
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Medical Microbiology or an associates degree (MLO) with minimum 5 years’ experience in a medical microbiology laboratory environment
- Supervision skills
- Affinity with writing documentations/procedures/protocols
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory quality systems ISO 15189 or CCKL
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory (automated) information systems
- Experience with automated bacteriology equipment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowhow of Good laboratory practice (GLP)
- Good command of the English and Dutch language
Remuneration is based on FWG (The Netherlands) criteria and considers continuous education and experience. Furthermore, SLS NV offers an attractive secondary package.