St. Maarten Laboratory Services - Laboratory Assistant
St. Maarten Laboratory Services NV (SLS) is a young and rapidly growing organization within the health care sector in St. Maarten. SLS provides 24 hours services to inpatients and ER, outpatients, patients referred by General Practitioners, government and the private sector. Our mission is to provide quality and a reliable service to our clients. The need for the quality service is required both nationally and internationally. SLS strives to be the medical laboratory of St. Maarten and the region and accredited according to ISO 15189. The Environmental Department of SLS NV strives to be accredited according to ISO / IEC 17025.
The purpose of this position is to conduct laboratory tests using protocols and guidelines according to ISO15189.
- Patient administration
- Set up policies and procedures
- Receiving, sorting and distributing patient samples
- Processing and distributing test results
- Reception, answer the phone and other administrative tasks
- Completed KMLO/Doctor’s Assistant or equivalent degree with experience
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory (automated) information systems, desirable
- Proper hygiene and safety laboratory practices in handling (potentially) infectious material;
- Good social and communication;
- Knowledge of and experience with laboratory quality systems ISO 15189 is desirable
- Experience with document management systems
- Time management
- Good command of the English and Dutch language