Mental Health Foundation - Social Psychiatric Worker
To facilitate and organize activities and equipment in a manner that professional treatment of the clients of the Mental Health Foundation is made possible. The objective is to enhance, mental health care for the patients and clients within the legal framework of the country as well as other agreed procedures of the organization.
To support people with mental health conditions within the day treatment center and residential units. To facilitate the development of clients, individual or groups with consideration for their wishes possibilities and restrictions, in support of obtaining as much as possible an independent lifestyle for the clients.
Read more about responsibilities here.
- The position requires knowledge, obtained through the educational background and experience in working as a Social Worker with Psychiatric clients.
- The Social Worker knows and handles legislation and the issuing of rules with relation to mental health care and the relevant guidelines and protocols in its field.
- Has knowledge of multicultural issues that influences treatment.
- This function requires well-developed social skills and self-confidence is necessary.
- The function requires excellent verbal and written expressive skills for the leading of (complex) situations, the writing of reports and notes.
- Verbal as well as writing skills in English and Dutch.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Has to possess computer skills (windows, word, excel)
Other job requirements
- Have excellent critical thinking skills.
- A high level of social perceptiveness.
- Required are a positive attitude, listening skills, empathy and tact.
- Flexibility and team supportiveness are requirements as well as constructive communication skills.
- Reliability, integrity, accuracy and the ability to adequately represent the MHF.
- Self-knowledge with the ability for self-reflection.
- Minimum of two years of experience and knowledge of mental health/illness
- In possession of a driver’s license (D)
- Plays an active role in the team and is responsible for a good team spirit.
Please submit an application letter, a resume, copies of diplomas/certificates and a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, visit this link.