St. Maarten Medical Center - Senior Audit Controller
Sint Maarten Medical Center (SMMC) is an ambitious and growing hospital organization on Sint Maarten. With more than 300 employees, 22 specialists and a capacity of 66 beds, we continuously strive to ensure safe, quality health care. Our primary service area, St. Maarten, Statia and Saba, represent a total population of approximately 60.000 people, constituting a multi-cultural mix with more than 100 different nationalities. In addition we offer health care services to the visiting tourists, which include annually more than 1 million cruise ship tourists.
It is our objective to become a leading medical institute within our Caribbean region. The next step in our strategic plan is the realization of an expansion project that includes among others a new ER department, an Operating Theater complex, a Medium Care Unit and an Intensive Care Unit
For this position, we are looking for someone who is proactive, efficient and has good communication, financial, auditing and interpersonal skills. As a Senior Audit Controller, you coordinate and provide the yearly strategic audit/risk management plan and conduct risk assessments. You are able to identify controls to mitigate these risks. You contribute to the year-end financial audit by the external auditor. You are in possession of the following:
- Master’s degree in Finance & Accounting, including relevant audit certifications CIA or equivalent;
- Knowledge of internal audit and international accounting standards;
- Wide experience in progressive risk-based auditing with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of Accounting programs, Management Information Systems, and Microsoft Office;
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position;
- A high level of integrity and reliability;
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language (written and verbal);
- A team player with a high level of flexibility.
We offer you a position with a great deal of responsibility in an open and professional organization with a pleasant and rewarding work atmosphere.