St. Maarten Medical Center - Cook/Chef
We are seeking a dynamic individual to take the role as cook in our hospital. The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to special dietary needs of patients and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and prepare food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Knowledge of HACCP sanitation regulations/hygienic standards;
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar position;
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook;
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks;
- Familiar with industry’s best practices;
- Comprehension of the English language is needed for handling diet information and following recipes.