BearingPoint Caribbean - Service Desk Engineer (Curaçao)
As a Service Desk Engineer, you enjoy helping our clients with technical and operational issues.
BearingPoint Caribbean is looking for a Service Desk Engineer to be the central point of contact for our clients. The basis of your daily focus is to provide exceptional operational support to our end-user.
Our software solutions are used by Tax and Social Security organizations of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries. Improving the experience of our end-users by providing them with the right support at the right time is crucial to leading the successful delivery of our IT projects. As a Service Desk Engineer, you represent BearingPoint and interact on an operational level directly with the client.
- Monitoring, reporting, and escalating of 1st line support issues
- Resolving 1st line support issues of low complexity
- Dispatching and monitoring of requests to 2nd line support (where applicable)
- Provide assistance to users
- Monitoring of systems and services and acting upon monitoring results
- Functional management of support tools
- Contribute to customer on/offboarding
- Contribute to creating and maintaining Service Desk documentation
- Identify process improvements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a comparable role.
- You have excellent client relationship skills.
- You enjoy communicating and helping clients.
- You have experience with software development and implementation processes.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum. You have effective written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English; Papiamentu is a plus.
Competencies that we’re looking for
- Insight: You have and gain insight into situations, problems, and processes.
- Result-orientedness: You have the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Workmanship: You carry out your work independently in accordance with the professional standards of your profession.
- Customer Orientation: You have the ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
- Verbal Expression: You are able to communicate in clear language and to adjust one’s use of language to the audience’s level.
- Problem Analysis: You have the ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
We are proud of our organization’s culture, where we aim to serve our people and help you reach your full potential at BearingPoint. Besides our people and culture, we offer:
- A fast-growing international working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive salary, including holiday allowance and pension scheme.