Maduro & Curiel's Bank Group - Senior Programmer Analyst Application Services Core Banking
As the Senior Programmer/Analyst you are accountable for the effective and efficient development and control of assigned applications/modules and the review of project deliverables for quality assurance. You contribute to the scoping of efforts for project plans and application walkthroughs and ensure the timely completion of deliverables assigned. As the Senior Programmer Analyst, you must have a thorough understanding of Bank standards and methodologies as they apply to application systems development. Analytical and conceptual skills are required at a level at which you can be innovative in designing applications that can be implemented in the least number of workdays yet fulfill the needs of the user and the Bank. The Senior Programmer/Analyst must be able to understand the business function of the system to be developed/enhanced/maintained. You are expected to work on multiple project deliverables simultaneously while effectively and efficiently managing time between them.
You will be based in Curaçao or remote.
Analyzing user requirements, taking into consideration interfaces with current bank systems, hardware and software limitations providing alternative solutions for the satisfaction of the requirements.
- Develop and deploy interfaces to integrate new and/or existing applications into the MCB environment.
- Developing/maintaining and documenting application programs (including complex programs) according to bank standards;
- Developing implementation plans and their appendixes in accordance with MCB standards.
- Evaluating production problem logs and system service requests and identifying problems and/or actions to be taken.
- Supporting peers with problem resolution during standard working hours and assigned on-call hours.
Educational requirements (and previous relevant experience):
- MBO level in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimal 5 years as Programmer/Analyst, using RPG, RPG/ILE, CLP, and CLLE in an AS/400 environment.
- Well-versed in different stages of application development (SDLC).
Technical understanding of the bank’s application systems and software is required to be able to assess the impact of developments and/or changes to the overall environment (e.g. applications, operations, etc.).
Languages: RPG IV / RPGILE / CLP / CLLE
Databases: AS/400 Databases
Software/Tools: SQL QUERY / QUERY 400 / Office Products / Microsoft Project / Visio / Power Point
- Highly motivated, adaptable and diplomatic with demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to build and leverage strategic working relationships
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; both written and oral (English, Dutch and Papiamentu).
- Taking initiative and ownership is very important.
- Ability to proactively manage stakeholders, including providing constructive challenges.
Please click here for the detailed Job Description. If this vacancy fits your career ambition, please submit your cover letter and resume to our MCB Group Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email, we will send you a confirmation and will provide you with more information regarding the application process.
Thank you for showing interest in becoming part of our MCB Group family!