Atlas Fund Services - Senior Fund Account
The Senior Fund accountant calculates timely and accurate net asset values (NAVs), handles complex portfolios, and provides exceptional client service. The SFA is responsible for the timely delivery of all financial reporting related to his/her portfolio of clients.
The SFA is also responsible for all general administrative responsible relating to their clients and for coaching/ training staff, as appropriate.
- Calculation of daily, weekly & monthly Net Asset Values;
- Review and clear comprehension of relevant fund documentation;
- Reconciliation of bank and broker statements;
- Pricing of complex portfolios in according with fund documents and Atlas pricing policies;
- Calculating fund fees and expenses and coordinating payment of same;
- Preparing funds for audit and liaising with auditors to produce annual financial statements;
- Liaise with fund managers and assisting with any queries or specific reporting requirements the have;
- Understanding of certain tax reporting requirements (K-1; PFIC Statements);
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and reporting (e.g. US GAAP; IFRS; Patriot Act ect.);
- Produce routine and ad hoc internal management reports;
- Set-up of new clients/ transfer from other administrators and ensuring proper linking of feeds/ reconciliations;
- Comprehensive understanding of fee methodologies applicable to funds;
- Working knowledge of investor relations process to ensure ability to retrieve relevant data;
- Monitor terms of fund offering and ensure compliance with same;
- Supervise certain aspects of the work load, while keeping the AM/AAM abreast of any developments;
- Conduct preliminary file review prior to full review by AM/AAM
- Thorough analytical review of all NAV reports produced to intercept possible inconsistencies;
- Extensive familiarity with Atlas accounting and shareholder systems and functionality;
- Ensure adherence to Compliance and Audit requirements;
- Understanding of filling requirements of the funds and ensuring these are processed on a timely basis (ISE/ CIMA or other relevant regulations);
- Preparation and coordination of other ad-hoc requests;
- Any other duties which the organization may require as part of the business of Atlas.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting/finance, plus 3-5 years working experience in fund accounting/fund administration, including preparation of annual financial statements for hedge funds.
Qualifications & Expreience:
- Exposure to a variety of fund products/portfolio structures/trades
- Preparation of financial statements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within and adhere to deadlines
- Foster a positive team mentality
- Provide unsurpassed service by exceeding service levels
- Fluent in and have excellent knowledge of English
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Involvement in coaching and training of new or junior staff
- Service-minded attitude
- Able to deal with work pressures
- Excellent managerial skills
- Self motivated, innovative and analytical
- Strong attention to detail
- Dynamic personality and enthusiastic
- Ability to set priorities
- Understanding of complex financial instruments;
- Computer literacy is essential, such as MS Excel and MS Word;
- Relevant experience with registry applications, subscriptions, redemptions and distribution processes.
If you would like to join our team, and find out more about career opportunities, training and other employee benefits, please contact our Human Resources Department by email or fax.
Fax: (786) 228-0258