Maduro & Curiel's Bank Group - Manager Monitoring, Testing and Training
The Manager Monitoring, Testing and Training is accountable for providing strategic and operational support in managing the Bank’s overall Anti-Money Laundering program for MCB Group [Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten and Sint Eustatius] to ensure that their operations operate at the higher of MCB’s Group Standards or local law in each respective jurisdiction.
Supports the Bank’s AML/ATF Compliance Program through monitoring and testing adherence- and compliance to the Bank’s AML/ATF and Sanctions policies and procedures.
A key senior resource to Group Compliance Head and strives to standardize all of MCB’s compliance testing methodologies and procedures across the jurisdictions where MCB Group operates.
You are based in Curaçao.
- Prepare Annual Testing and Training Plan
- Identify systemic/emerging issues that may impact overall compliance by the Bank and plan through discussion with the Department Head, testing and/or training required to prevent or remediate non-compliance.
- Direct and oversee the planning of testing and training by ensuring the scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, that the timing and budget are reasonable, procedures are efficient, appropriate resources are assigned, and that risks are understood.
- Execute, manage and supervise the proper execution of the Annual Testing Plan and Annual Training Plan independently ensuring the nature and extent of testing and training is appropriate to support the final grading or opinion in case of testing and the objective in case of training. Complete on-site review of assignments as required to ensure the adequacy of work performed to support final grading of testing conducted and ensure that testing is conducted in accordance with the Testing Plan and internal guidelines.
- Determine the training needs that will be required to ensure compliance is attained and ensure that the respective training is also provided in an effective way.
- Maintain oversight of all mandatory employee training, appropriate to that employee’s functions in AML/ ATF/ Sanctions deterrence, detection and reporting procedures and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to the Monitoring and Testing Officer.
- Ensure annual performance measures are aligned with objectives and priorities of the MCB Group Compliance Department.
Educational Requirements/ Previous relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Law or similar education
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in AML/ATF law and regulation in a financial institution and/or management consultant environment.
- Experience in providing training.
- Special courses: ACAMS is a must.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proven people management and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch
- Previous experience in an AML, audit or compliance role would be an asset.
Please click here for the detailed Job Description. If this vacancy fits your career ambition, please submit your cover letter and resume to our MCB Group Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email, we will send you a confirmation and will provide you with more information regarding the application process.
Thank you for showing interest in becoming part of our MCB Group family!