BDO Dutch Caribbean - Junior Manager - BDO St. Maarten
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through completion. The role will require good knowledge in Dutch GAAP and IFRS. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the BDO audit process.
- Supervising and, when necessary, completing the preparation of working paper files, and financial statements;
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, coordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, BDO and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recoverability;
- Providing both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for Bookkeeping and Accounting projects as well as Audit engagements;
- Assisting in the direction and training of staff, reviewing completed files to ensure quality of work;
- Prioritizing projects, establish budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines;
- Continually maintaining a positive client relationship and identifying possible new business opportunities with existing clients;
- Participation in delivering formal project/team performance review and/or giving effective input to reviewers on team members;
- Assist the Director and the Partner (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly;
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees;
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for the more junior members of our team.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy and completing your CPA/ RA / ACCA or AA certiﬁcation;
- 5-6 years prior work history including signiﬁcant public accounting experience in both compilation and audit;
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work;
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills;
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proﬁcient in English / preferably Dutch
BDO offers a dynamic job in an open, informal and supportive work environment, as well as excellent primary and secondary employment terms, commensurate with your level of education and experience. We also offer you the possibility to balance your work-and private life.
If you think you are the right candidate for the job, you can send your application to BDO St. Maarten B.V. to the attention of Natascha Sillé at email address: email@example.com