BDO Dutch Caribbean - Junior Manager - BDO Curacao
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through completion. The role will require good knowledge in Dutch GAAP and IFRS. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the BDO audit process.
- Supervising and, when necessary, completing the preparation of working paper files, and financial statements;
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, coordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, BDO and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recoverability;
- Assisting in the direction and training of staff, reviewing completed files to ensure quality of work;
- Prioritizing projects, establish budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines;
- Continually maintaining a positive client relationship and identifying possible new business opportunities with existing clients;
- Participation in delivering formal project/team performance review and/or giving effective input to reviewers on team members;
- Assist the Director and the Partner (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection of the quality of service accordingly;
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees;
- There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for the more junior members of our team.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy and completing your CPA RA/ACCA or AA certification;
- 5-6 years prior work history including significant experience in audit/assurance;
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work;
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills;
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
BDO offers a dynamic job in an open, informal and supportive work environment, as well as excellent primary and secondary employment terms, commensurate with your level of education and experience. We also offer you the possibility to balance your work-and private life.
If you are the right candidate for the job, you can send your application attn: