Maduro & Curiel's Bank Group - Investment Advisor
As the Investment Advisor you are responsible for generating part of the sales for the Investment Services unit and ensure that its strategic objectives contribute to the overall corporate strategy of MCB. You create a client-driven sales culture and marketing strategy in order to ensure the profitable growth and attainment of the bank’s investment client portfolio.
You are responsible for sustaining a leadership presence for MCB in the Premium Banking and Investment Services and ensure that the Bank will acquire a significant share of the business transacted in its markets. You assume the responsibility along with the Senior Investment Specialist for the effective coordination of its activities within MCB for delivering service of the highest standard. You are the principal contact with the client and will be directly responsible for interfacing and engaging with clients on a day-to-day basis. You have an adequate understanding of investment practices and strategies.
You will be based in Curaçao.
- Responsible for meeting or surpassing the annual investment growth objectives set out for the Investment Specialists within the department.
- Be proactive and act as an entrepreneur to increase exposure within the targeted market.
- Carry out business development and networking to identify new areas for growth and client acquisition.
- Creating a clear value proposition based on the client segmentation and their specific banking and investment needs.
- Developing leads and referrals from current clients and outside contacts in order to generate more investment sales;
- Effectively identify Sales opportunities and actively refer these to the Sales and Service Officers/Relationship Officers/Manager Premium Banking and/or other business lines within the bank (e.g. Maduro Risk Insurance, Corporate Department)
- Responsible to monitor general market and competitor behaviors in order to provide customized solutions or ideas which will help the Bank as a whole generate more investment sales.
- Successfully develop and use various tools such as an investment policy statement (IPS) and/or investment selector questionnaire with each client based on their goals, helping the client to determine their appropriate level of risk based on the client’s time horizon, risk preferences, return expectations, and market conditions.
- Develop a knowledge of the client’s entire financial and personal situation to be able to structure a goals-based investment and financial plan.
- Develop brand awareness with both internal and external contacts by building and maintaining an awareness of the local market and general economic conditions.
- Ensure that KYC requirements are applied (i.e. identifying high risk customers, conducting EDD or DD, etc.).
Educational Requirements / previous relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or commercial management. MBA or degree from a university or an institute of higher education, completion of CFA or equivalent is an advantage.
- NIBE SVV “ESMA Retail Adviseren Standaard” or willingness to achieve the accreditation
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience as a retail investment advisor in standard investment solutions.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and diplomatic with demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Advanced level in English, Dutch, Papiamentu and Spanish Languages
- Advanced to Intermediate level in Computer courses (Windows Office, Office Suite) and use of digital alternatives
- Strong integrity and professionalism
- PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge in Bloomberg and other investment-related sources/tools/trading platforms is a plus.
- Banking (investment essentials, consumer lending, etc.) and other relevant NIBE courses.
- A sound knowledge of all banking, investment and insurance products and services to meet customers’ financial needs.
Please click here for the detailed Job Description. If this vacancy fits your career ambition, please submit your cover letter and resume to our MCB Group Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email, we will send you a confirmation and will provide you with more information regarding the application process.
Thank you for showing interest in becoming part of our MCB Group family!