Princess Juliana International Airport - HVAC Technician
Princess Juliana International Airport (PJIAE N.V.) mission is to be the regional leader in providing safe, secure, quality, and profitable airport services that contribute to the general economic and tourism development of St. Maarten /St. Martin and the region we serve.
The Electrical & Mechanical Department, plans and executes (maintenance) projects and continuous routine checks of all electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems at PJIAE. And is in charge of maintaining the electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems at PJIAE.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for the quality and progress of the air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating maintenance and repair work on multiple systems, and executes routine preventative as well as emergency maintenance tasks.
- Installs, rebuilds, replaces, or repairs fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets, and other equipment as necessary.
- Performs periodic preventive checks of air conditioning /refrigeration/ventilating systems to ensure optimal functioning and adherence to safety rules.
- Performs emergency repairs promptly and efficiently; advises on defects or malfunctioning. Remedies failures in air conditioning, refrigeration, or ventilating systems and installations after receiving instructions so that all systems and installations are running again in as little downtime as possible.
- Performs modification on current and new systems or installations to avoid overload or outages.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Maintains a log of tasks performed and writes reports as required.
- Complies with service standards, work instructions, and airport safety requirements.
- Associates diploma (MTS) or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an HVAC technician.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, technical schemes, diagrams, manuals, and technical instructions to determine technical problems or faults.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested persons can email their resume and motivation letter to email@example.com before November 21, 2022.