Grant Thornton Dutch Caribbean - Associate Risk Assurance
Grant Thornton’s Advisory & Assurance practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Risk Assurance services include IT Audits, Internal Audits, Compliance Assessments, IT Governance Assessments, Cyber Security, Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Associate Risk Assurance will support the Manager in completion of Information System (IS) Audits, Internal Audits, Compliance Assessments and advisory engagements.
What are the role’s main responsibilities, what will it involve?
- Execute IT and operational audits, Internal Audits, Compliance Assessments, Revenue Assurance, Risk Management and advisory assignments;
- Work with organizations to identify and manage business processes and related (IT) risks within their strategy execution model;
- Evaluate and test client-related business process and (IT) internal controls and identify areas of risk for each;
- Execute assigned client engagements (SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 examinations and IT audits), under the supervision of the engagement
manager, from start to completion;
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other
opportunities for overall process improvement;
- Work with assigned team members and client personnel to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-
related controls risks and issues;
- Assist Grant Thornton Partners and senior management on proposals and business development opportunities and acquisitions;
- Shows flexibility and accepts responsibility to ensure that tasks are executed properly and, involves superiors when necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Information Technology or Business engineering;
- 0-2 years of related work experience in IT audits, Internal Audits, Financial audits within a similar consulting or accounting practice;
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in Dutch and English;
- Started or will soon start a Postmaster degree in Register or Operational IT Auditor, CISA, CISM, CISO, CIA Certifications;
- Exceptional client service and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client
- Ability to document testing in a highly detailed and precise manner;
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills;
- Excellent computer software skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and IDEA;
- You recognize yourself in our CLEARR core values: Collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, responsibility.