Centrale Bank van Curaçao en Sint Maarten - Governance, Compliance, and Conduct Supervision (“GCCS”) Specialist
The GCCS department supervises the Governance, Compliance, and Conduct at the supervised institutions by identifying and analyzing all risks and shortcomings. The GCCS department aims at promoting good corporate governance, financial soundness and proper handling of customers. It also ensures that institutions comply with their obligations related to the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing through the financial sectors in Curaçao and Sint Maarten.
- Perform analytical, advisory, and executive work based on specialist knowledge with the emphasis on content analysis.
- Keeping abreast of relevant national and international compliance developments and disseminating any newly acquired information, as appropriate, to the team. • Assist the respective departments with queries related to Governance, Conduct, Compliance, and further processing of the case according to the procedures in place. • Conduct on-site examinations at supervised institutions.
- Responsible for contributing to orderly and transparent financial market processes.
- Responsible for the fair treatment of clients by supervised institutions.
- Pro-active management of the daily workflow and adherence to set deadlines and controls in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Law or related area. Working towards or holding a relevant professional qualification – e.g. ACAMS. • Experience working in a compliance, risk assessment or operational function. Relevant experience, preferably at a Regulator, an investigative agency, or in the financial (trust, banking, or insurance) sector.
- Extensive knowledge of financial products, especially banking and insurance products. • Experience with analyzing AML/KYC/CDD processes.
- Good understanding of the applicable statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements, including those related to the prevention of anti-money laundering, and terrorist financing, reporting of suspicious activity or transactions, client due diligence and record keeping.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to deal with tasks independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (oral and in writing).
- Good command of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- A competitive salary depending on the candidate’s education and work experience; • Inclusion in the General Pension Fund Curaçao (Algemeen Pensioenfonds Curaçao). • The opportunity to follow local and international trainings, conferences, and seminars; • Other secondary benefits are in accordance with the personnel regulations as included in the Bank Statute.
If the position of GCCS Specialist appeals to you, and you meet the above job requirements, we invite you to apply by sending your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in booth #4
A medical examination, a background check and an assessment are part of the application procedure.