Maduro & Curiel's Bank Group - General Manager Premium Banking & Investment Services
As the General Manager Premium Banking & Investment Services you are responsible for driving revenue and profitable growth from the wealth segments through highly skilled teams within the local market(s). You directly manage a group of managers of Premium Banking, Investment Services and Service & Support and are responsible for achieving profitability through the growth of retail lending, deposits and investment management. The position will deliver important financial results through strong portfolio management and collaboration with business partners to provide a full range of banking, lending and investment solutions, and also ensure operational integrity and prudent risk management.
You will be based in Curaçao.
- Oversee strategy, policies and procedures for the Premium Banking and Investment Services across the MCB Group.
- Ensure that client relationships are developed and expanded and that the resources of the entire department are properly leveraged to provide efficient and personalized service delivery.
- Develop strategy and objectives along with Senior Management that include lending volume and investment goals and effective marketing plans. Implements operations, processes and team development programs that enhance the achievement of premium banking and investment objectives.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with internal and external partners and develop a reputation in the local (and business) community through visibility and outreach to key individuals, community leaders and investment (wealth) segments.
- Together with the Assistant Managing Director Group Retail/Senior Management establish a client-focused sales culture, strategy and marketing in order to identify clients’ present and future banking and investment needs and match those with the Bank’s financial products and solutions. Monitor customers’ changing requirements and provide strategies to utilize organization products and services.
- Organizationally structuring the department’s units in a manner that will see the expectations/requirements for service and support are at the minimum met or, preferably, exceeded.
- Ensuring all documentation, regardless of the product, is prepared, verified, recorded/stored in a manner that facilitates ease of presentation for all involved in the department, encourages a high degree of accuracy, and facilitates retrieval/presentation to others authorized to view specific data.
- Drive new client acquisition, profitable expansion of the premium banking- and investment portfolio and retention of (high value) relationships by focusing on the quality of client experience, consistency of service and delivery of robust relationship management through needs-based, consultative selling.
- Together with the Manager External Sales and Business Development act as the primary bank contact between business referral partners and the Premium Banking and Investment Services department and influence them to refer their customers to the Bank for the financing of their consumer purchases.
- Continuously track the market conditions and results and ensure these are translated in key business opportunities, campaigns and events targeted at increasing the growth of the HNW consumer loan portfolio.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Supporting Manager(s) Premium Banking, Relationship Officer(s) and Manager Investments recruitment plan, ensuring alignment with the department strategies as well as elements unique to the local market area.
- Provide leadership and motivation to a team of lending, investment and service operation specialists.
- Assess staffing issues and performance gaps and coordinate the implementation and reinforcement of training programs as they relate to the identification of prospective business and product knowledge.
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement by guiding staff in the preparation of Employee Development Plans to close competency gaps, broaden their knowledge base, and position them for future opportunities within the organization.
- Champion due diligence required by KYC, LIF and bank policy by applying the Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
- Adheres strictly to the guidelines and rules established by the Central Bank of Curacao and Sint Maarten (CBCS) and other relevant local authorities.
Educational Requirement and previous relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or commercial management.
- MBA or degree from a university or an institute of higher education is an advantage.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be an asset.
- At least 7 years of (retail/private) banker experience and/or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years in a managerial position.
- Ability to build and leverage strategic working relationships.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and diplomatic with demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Advanced level in English, Dutch, Papiamentu and Spanish Languages
- Excellent PC skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet software, powerpoint presentations and planning tools are mandatory as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of communication, sales management, and general information and presentation activities
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the retail banking customer segment.
- Working knowledge in Bloomberg and other investment-related sources/tools/trading platforms is a plus.
- Must have a sound understanding of international capital markets and the ability to understand and discuss investments and their respective performance.
- Thorough knowledge of risk analysis techniques and credit adjudication policies and processes
Please click here for the detailed Job Description. If this vacancy fits your career ambition, please submit your cover letter and resume to our MCB Group Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email, we will send you a confirmation and will provide you with more information regarding the application process.
Thank you for showing interest in becoming part of our MCB Group family!