Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort - General Manager Accommodations
Accommodations is a growing and essential part of the Blue Bay organization. With a portfolio of various luxury apartments and villas on premises, as well as the ongoing construction of new ready to rent properties, this department is growing fast and will spearhead future revenue streams. The General Manager Accommodations reports to the COO and is responsible for the daily operation, rental sales and marketing strategy and execution (in cooperation with the Marketing team) of the existing rental pool portfolio, as well as the expansion of this rental pool portfolio. The GM provides overall leadership and continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
As the General Manager, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the
- You lead, direct, and manage all Accommodations operations including, but not
limited to budgeting and forecasting,
- You achieve the best RevPar results by implementing the right marketing & sales
- You lead and develop the executive team,
- You respond to guests’ inquiries and resolve concerns
- You ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- You oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards
compliance and service and financial measurements.
- You monitor and develop team member performance, provide supervision and
professional development, schedule, conduct counseling and evaluations and deliver
recognition and rewards.
- As part of the Blue Bay resort management team, you provide insights into the
hospitality industry, cooperate with the other departments for maximum performance
of Blue Bay, advise the board of directors on all hospitality matters and model the
hospitality product and experience in accordance with the Blue Bay Vision.
An MBA degree in hospitality management, business administration, or a
- Several years of relevant work experience in hotel or resort management/leadership role.
- Experience in using multiple systems to include but not limited to, Microsoft suite, cloud-based apps, standard hotel property management systems.
- Knowledge of the principal competition for each market segment.
- Proven success in a managerial role.
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Internal Blue Bay Curaçao Accommodations team, Management and Management Team
- Tourism boards, tourism organizations, tour operators, agents, airlines, direct sellers and OTA’s
- Hotel guests and tourists
- External supply companies
- Marketing and Communications
- Services, such as Housekeeping; (Pool) Maintenance and Gardening.