Citco - Trust Officer - Curaçao
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
A client facing role managing a portfolio of demanding and sensitive companies and assisting the Account Manager in the day to day supervision/administration of the Account. May undertake responsibility for the account in the absence of the Account Manager and be appointed as an authorized signatory of Citco companies.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Manages a portfolio of companies including direct contact with clients;
- Handles all day to day requests in relation to the portfolio including, but not limited to:
- Incorporating companies and preparing post incorporation documentation;
- Including collection of KYC/AML Documents/information and completing risk rating;
- Amending Articles of Incorporation;;
- Preparation of powers of attorney, bank and other corporate resolutions, and any other documents as may be required from time to time for the review/approval of the Account Manager;
- On a daily basis monitoring of transactions on the client’s bank accounts(;Follow up on customer complaints according to set standard procedure;
- Follow up on client transfer requests according to set standard procedure;
- Prepare approval requests for specific services for Citco Curacao Management Team;
- Ensures the collection of Due Diligence information/documents as part of Citco’s Risk Management Program. Ensures portfolio is compliant with current regulations/legislation and according to Citco ‘s internal KYC/AML Policies& Procedures;
- Entering risk/audit items in Protiviti and monitoring of items;
- Monitors accounts receivables list;
- Liaise with clients and assist them on (local) legal, tax and administrative issues and relevant developments, recognizing when external expertise is required in order to contribute to the needs of the clients and build long-term business relationships;
- Maintain multiple business relations with clients – and/or other (internal/external) stakeholders, inform on relevant changes and share information in order guarantee a satisfactory level of long-term relationships and services;
- Recognize opportunities for new and existing contacts to contribute to the business development of clients and of Citco Corporate & Trust, safeguarding Citco’s interests;
- Develop and update technical skills and professional knowledge, monitor internal and external industry developments and share relevant information, to contribute to the desired knowledge level within Citco Corporate & Trust;
- Follow existing work standards and procedures and properly use internal/external systems (e.g. internal time billing and VP data management system) in order to ensure a high quality service and safeguard the reputation of Citco;
- Review and monitor regularly Viewpoint data and guard integrity of data;
- Accurately completes Time Card on a daily basis;
- Prepares ad hoc, monthly and annual invoices as required;
- Stores documents, emails and correspondence with clients in View Point Document Manager;
- Teamwork is especially important in this position and in that scope where relevant assisting with coaching team members;
- Meeting or exceeding internal and external quality standards for exceptional customer service;
- Any other duties which the organization may require as part of the business of Citco Curacao.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Law;
- 0- 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc);
- Knowledge and experience in relevant (local) legislation
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Able to deal with competing pressures;
- Service-minded attitude;
- Team player with the ability to successfully work in a fast pace and demanding environment;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.