Kooyman - Assistant Store Manager Aruba
For our store in Aruba we are looking for an experienced Assistant Store Manager.
- Behaving in a customer-oriented manner and encouraging his/her team to do the same.
- Ensuring that the customers can get information about all goods and services offered by the company, both by telephone and in store.
- Handling complaints from internal as well as external customers.
- Working with potential clients to have quotations.
- Leading, instructing, guiding, and motivating the team of employees within the store in an efficient, stimulating, and inspiring manner. The Assistant Store Manager fulfills an exemplary role in all areas.
- Developing the personnel by having a coaching attitude and offering possible courses and giving the personnel sensible feedback during their daily activities.
- Supervising the execution and implementation of all business processes and procedures in accordance with guidelines, handbooks, and corporate manual and advising the Store Manager and coordination of the work.
- Substituting the Store Management in their absence.
- Commercial/operational implementation of all activities to achieve the business objectives.
- Co-responsible for the layout of the store and drive thru in accordance with our corporate identity and planograms, which includes keeping the store/drive thru tidy and arranging an orderly layout of the shelves as well as ensuring an optimal store image.
- Introducing procedures/guidelines to minimize loss, increase safety and efficient course of commercial/operational matters at the store.
- Watching out for theft and reporting this to the Store Manager and Security department.
- Ensuring optimal reception and storage of goods.
- Ensuring optimal operations of the cash register -, store-, drive thru/yard and warehouse activities.
- Checking to make sure that the Inventory Controller gets and keeps the stocks administratively in order.
- Keeping track of the work schedule and time registration of the store staff.
- Taking care of presence and absence reports of the store.
- Following sick leave and vacation procedures.
- Taking necessary disciplinary measures in accordance with the company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of operational and/or commercial work experience
- A customer and service oriented attitude
- Excellent managerial skills
- Demonstrable affinity with construction material and/or hardware retail industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Application
- Team player who knows how to communicate effectively at and with all levels/positions
- Hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently with speed and accuracy to achieve required results
- Excellent communication skills in Papiamentu, English and Dutch (word and writing)
- Willing to work irregular hours, no 9 to 5 mentality
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and do you want to be part of our organization? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter with your CV via this link.
For more information about the position, you can contact Mrs. Fayola Josepha by calling +5999 4613333, ext.1341.